- Safety is the highest priority and every member is responsible for the safe operation of the club and shall intervene to stop unsafe behavior in violation of these rules when observed.
- Eye protection and ear protection are mandatory at all times while shooting.
- All guns must be unloaded and open when not on a shooting station. Over and under guns must be broken open; semi-automatics and pumps must have action locked open.
- Guns must not be loaded until you are on the shooting station with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction down range.
- Even unloaded guns, with open actions, must be pointed in a safe direction at all times with the muzzle pointed toward the ground or straight up in the air.
- When shooting: Load and close gun only when it is your turn to shoot. If a delay occurs your gun must be unloaded until it is safe to proceed.
- Trap Singles only one shell may be loaded at a time. For all other disciplines: Trap Doubles, 5-Stand, Skeet and Sporting Clays: no more than two shells may be loaded at any time.
- No shot larger than 7 ½ may be used. No load greater than 1 1/8 ounce may be used. No Steel Shot, Lead Shot only.
- At no time are shooters, members or nonmembers, or any other unauthorized personnel permitted to approach, load, adjust or change any target machine. If a problem arising contact a Range Officer or the Office to have the problem addressed.
- Shooting under the influence of alcohol or drugs is prohibited.
- Members buying discounted member targets for non-members is prohibited. Members may allow their guests to shoot at their rates by using their cards or keys on a limited basis. The member must be present for their guests to shoot at their rate.
- Loud, abusive or vulgar language is prohibited.
- Being verbally abusive or disrespectful to any Club employee is prohibited and will not be tolerated. If there is a problem with any employee, report such conduct to the manager.
- Conduct which impairs impedes or otherwise negatively affects the overall harmony and operation of the Club will not be tolerated and is subject to discipline up to and including suspension of or loss of membership and exclusion from the Club grounds in the interests of the overall welfare of the membership.
- All memberships are subject to the Board of Directors’ approval.
- If other shooters are waiting to shoot. Shooters should concede the field after shooting one round and take turns with waiting shooters in an alternating orderly manner.
- Children under 18 must be under adult supervision and may not operate Club golf carts.
- Persons who violate these Rules are subject to discipline up to and including suspension of or loss of membership and exclusion from the Club grounds in the interests of the overall welfare of the membership
- Any individual wanting to instruct shooter(s) on the range must report to the office for approval before entering the shooting area. All instructors are required to have a Certificate of Insurance on file with the club, naming Sarasota Gun Club, Inc. as the Certificate Holder.
- Sarasota Gun Club is a shotgun only club. In the interests of safety, no other types of firearms may be discharged on any of the ranges. Shotguns must have a full stock (folding or fixed) and a minimum barrel length of 18.5 inches. Detachable Magazine style Shotguns are not allowed. Shotguns that do not have easily viewable open actions are also prohibited.
3445 Rustic Road
Nokomis, FL 34275